Monday, January 17, 2011

LO: Snow Dog

I used a variety of cutting systems to create this layout of our precious Abby.  Difficult photos to scrap.  She passed 19 months ago but seeing the photos still brought an instant sting to the eyes. 
 
Hat:  Cut from Cricut Winter Wonderland cartridge on the Cricut Expression.  I blended a little Tattered Rose ink from Ranger along the edges for a bit of dimension.  I had wanted to use the puffy liquid applique for the fur but I was out of white so I used diamond Stickles.  Added a line of white bling to the hat and a blue jewel to the center of the snowflake.  Popdotted the fur ball on the end of the hat. 
 
Title:  SNOW was cut using Visual Designs by Chris file #CD00386 on my blue Wishblade.  I cut this at only one inch tall but it cut so cleanly!  The file is one word all attached but I just sort of pulled them apart so I could have individual letters, which I popdotted.  "dog" is Quickutz Phoebe font. 
 
Snow papers were just some scraps I had in the drawer.  The white background paper was Keeping Memories Alive from 2000.  LOL
 
Background:  Used Versamark ink to stamp a PSX snowflake stamp.  Then on the ones that had the center showing, I added a small white jewel. 
 
Additional things:  scrap of ribbon (tip:  rather than wrap the entire layout in ribbon, I tied a knot with a smaller piece and then just wrapped about an inch on each end to the back and adhered it down.  Don't forget to cinge the edges so they don't ravel.)  A square paperclip with a little jewelry tag cut from a Quickutz die.  Date written this a Navy Zig Writer. 
 
When cutting the hat, it took a few tries to get the width I wanted so I used the extra pieces to create a couple of cards. 

~Angie~ (Missouri)
~I am blessed!!~


Visual Designs by Chris Creative Team Member
http://visualdesignsbychris.com