Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Harvest Card





This one uses the pumpkin from #CD00363. Since our auction is November 1 (after Halloween), I wanted to make it more fall and less Halloween so I didn't cut out the witches hat that was a part of the design and just trimmed the shadow as needed. Sharing two photos so you can see how I stamped the greeting so it could be read opened and closed. More chalking. Also added a bit of chocolate brown Zig writer and a white glaze pen for highlights. I chose to off-set the vines instead of matting them directly on the shadow for a bit of a fun look. Rounded edges of the card and added a bit of scrap patterned paper. I'm a stickler for tiny details... since I couldn't sew the buttons on without seeing the thread on the back, I stictched the thread and then glue dotted the buttons to the card. More Van Dyke brown ink. (my fave!)