Monday, May 3, 2010

Circle Pop Out Card #CD00552

I created a couple of cute cards using VDBC file #CD00552.  I was going to create graduation cards but that little pop up circle is the perfect place to put a flower so I got sidetracked! 
 
One card is stamped with a sunflower stamp and colored with Berol Prismacolor pencils then blended with a blending marker.  Added a Prima flower and fuzzy brad at the top.  When I stamped, I made sure to center the stamping and then I trimmed equal amounts off both sides to make the card narrower. 
 
On the other card, I trimmed some off of the bottom.  I used a border bunch along the top flap along the bottom and then put a pink strip of patterned paper on the inside of the card to make it stand out.  I stamped a cupcake, colored with pencils and a Copic, cut it out and popdotted it after adding some ribbon to the card.  The flower at the top was punched from some patterned paper and a mini brad added.  I added the mini brad before glueing the circle down so you could see the other side of the brad.  I'm finicky about the details.  *smile*  A little bling and it's all done.  Simple but the pop out makes it oh, so cute!  The inside is stamped with "Happy Birthday Cupcake!".  I think this was a $1 stamp from Michaels.  *smile*

~Angie~
~I am blessed!!~


Visual Designs by Chris Creative Team Member
http://visualdesignsbychris.com
(all images are cut using the Blue Wishblade)