Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine for my Sweetie!




I created this Valentine for Jeff using two of the Visual Designs by Chris files: #CD00129 Alpha Jumble and #CD00308 Heart Jumble. The placement of the letters were perfect for this Valentine card but it could also be a cute thinking of you or birthday card. I just used a black sharpie so the i and u stood out. Pop dotted the heart cut from the heart jumble file, created a visual triangle with a few of the other tiny hearts from the inside of the larger hearts and added a gemstone for the dot of the i. A little ribbon at the bottom and I had a quick and easy card. A happy mistake that you can't see on the inside of the card: My scrap of ribbon wasn't long enough so instead of tying it in the front like I had intended, I tied the knot and had the ends meet in the back. I cut a little slit on the folded edge so that the ribbon could slip through. The ribbon ends were about a 1/16 of an inch from meeting so I used one of the solid hearts from the heart jumble file and popdotted it over so you could see the ends. Perfect! And looked intentional. Also put one of the hearts like on the front on the upper right of the inside of the card. And used a white chalk marker to write my sentiment and sign the card.


Angie (memrybug)

~I am blessed!~






Digi-Cutter Files offered in SCUT, GSD, KNK, WPC & AI (SVG) at www.visualdesignsbychris.com