Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grandma's Doily #CD00490

On this card, I used VDBC file #CD00490, Grandma's Doily.  I used doily #2.  Along with the doily, I created a paper flower using this tutorial:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/dimensionalflowers/
 
I created my flower using the remaining tan cardstock after cutting the doily.  Kinda hard to see in the photo, but I stamped each flower using Broken China Distress Ink and a scripty stamp then distressed it a little before assembling and added more color after assembling.  I had this blue flower laying on the craft table and it was perfect to add a pop of color.  Added a bit of pearl bling from Hobby Lobby and some pearl pins from Wal-mart..  For the center of the flower, I just cut one of the pins down.  Tip:  Mount the flower with pop dots and it is the perfect place for your pins to stick and hold.  Sheer ribbon to finish it off. 
 
~Angie~
~I am blessed!!~

Visual Designs by Chris Creative Team Member
http://visualdesignsbychris.com
(all images are cut using the Blue Wishblade)