Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas invite using a part of #CD00630 Hanukkah tags

This is my invite to my Life ConneXtion group for our Christmas gathering.  As always a lot of mixed media.  Started with craft cardstock.  Using up some of my 8 1/2 x 11 stash.  I like to use bits of files to create something.  In this one I only used the background image of the Hanukkah tag from Visual Designs by Chris #CD00630.  I cut an ornamental design using my Tim Holtz Sizzix die.  The tab is a McGill punch.  This patterned paper is old old old.  Some of the first paper I purchased when I started scrapbooking in 1997.  LOL  Love when I can use some old treasures.  Distress inks on all paper edges:  tea dye, crushed olive and pine needles.  Stamps:  The Merry Christmas stamp was a $1 wood stamp from Michaels.  The tree is a clear stamp from a $1 holiday set at Michael's. It didn't have a trunk on the stamp so I just hand cut one.  "I believe" was one of my first stamps purchased way back in the early 90s.  It is from Raindrops on Roses.  I used Memento Rich Cocoa Inks to stamp everything since I used Copics to color my tree.  Copics:  YG03 YG06 and Y06.  Just scribbled the color on fast since I was cutting it out to pop dot it. The poinsetta flowers were clearanced at Michaels this summer. $1 each and I used the pine needles ink to tone down the bright green of the leaves.  Rhinestones on the flower instead of using the brads that came with them. I  used the brads off to the side of the tag.  Those are yellow rhinestones on the tree.  Sort of looks like eyelets in the photo.  Those would work too.  All rhinestones were from the $1 bin at Michaels.  I used Hero Arts Dazzle Glue on the tree star.  I purchased it so long ago, I am surprised it was still useable.  *smile*.  Still needed something so I added stitching around the edges with a chocolate Zig writer and this pretty green ribbon.  Remember to burn the edges with a lighter so they don't ravel.   Done!  It felt good to sit in my studio and create!

~Angie~
~I am blessed!!~


Visual Designs by Chris Creative Team Member
http://visualdesignsbychris.com
(all VDBC images are cut using the Blue Wishblade)