Sunday, November 28, 2010

Stationery Box

I've been on vacation this last week and worked on this a few days.  It was so much fun to make.  Felt so good to play!  It is a birthday gift for my closest friend.  I saw the idea several m here:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/stationerybox/
I did not follow her design exactly and I used mod podge all over it so it held up a bit better.  I also didn't have double sided thicker paper that matched so I xyroned the papers I wanted to use to a white sheet of cardstock. 
 
Visual Designs by Chris files used were #CD00306 Whimsical Flowers, #CD00630 Hannukah Tags and #CD00686 Oversided Square envelope. 
 
The inspiration for the theme was from the Mary Englebreit items I picked up in the dollar bin at Michaels. 
 
Other items used: 
 
Stamps:  Studio G alpha, To & From were from Stamp Affair
Distress inks:  Worn Lipstick, Crushed Olive & Antique Linen
DMC Thread & Buttons (I most always thread them for a more finished look)
Ribbon:  red is scrap I had and the green with flowers is from Michaels (remember to burn the edges so they don't ravel *smile*)
Bling
Square postage stamp punch:  McGill ... If you do not have a punch, you could use #CD00542 Postage Stamp borders.
 
The stamp envelope started with the large square envelope from #CD00686 but I resized it and made it rectangular.  You can adjust many of the files to suit your need!  I velcroed this to the bottom flap. 
 
The tags and cards were created with scrap papers left over from cutting out everything for the box. 
 
Including several photos so you can see all the detail.  Love details!!  I can't wait to give it to her! 

~Angie~
~I am blessed!!~


Visual Designs by Chris Creative Team Member
http://visualdesignsbychris.com
(all images are cut using the Blue Wishblade)