Monday, May 23, 2011

Sweet 16 birthday card using VDBC #CD00731

My baby girl turned 16!  *sigh*  And she definitely fits the SWEET!  She is a tomboy so I went for the denim look for her card.  I used a Judikins stamp.  Stamped it twice using faded jeans Ranger Distress Ink.  (The detail of this stamp required that I brayer the ink onto the stamp rather than dabbing - not sure why that makes a difference but it makes a HUGE difference in the image.)  I cut out the pocket on one image and pop dotted the sides and bottom to the card base that had the same image stamped.  Added a little distressing with Old Paper Distress ink and a sponge to the pop dotted pocket and the few areas of the edge of the card.  I used just the birthday sentiment from Visual Designs by Chris file #CD00731.  I used mini brads for the dot of the i and the point of the exclamation.  Added a few stitch marks with black thread.  Cut the 16 from Sizzix Fun Serif dies.  The "sweet" was from a K & Co. package from years ago.  Added a green brad to pull the color of the dots from the patterned paper of the 16.  Topped with a green button that was pre-threaded.  I drive myself crazy sometimes with the little details.  *wink*

~Angie~ (Missouri)
~I am blessed!!~


Visual Designs by Chris Creative Team Member
http://visualdesignsbychris.com
(cutters: Blue Wishblade and Cricut Expression)