Sunday, March 8, 2009

Etched Pan


This pan sat on my counter for 6 weeks waiting to try my hand at this. I hope to make a few gifts over the next year using this technique. I will be checking the dollar stores for glass pans with lids. I used the etching cream and cut a design on Contact Paper using my Wishblade. The etching cream said to leave it on for 5 minutes. I left it on about 8 and when I wiped it off, it was very light - so I reapplied and left it on for 30 minutes.. The bottle says that some Pyrex may not etch. This pan was Pyrex and leaving it on longer worked fine.

I used a design from Chris' file challenge due March 7th. You may not recognize it because I just used the outline - all of the swirlies would have been difficult with the thin contact paper and cutting it so small. I may try it with the swirlies when I have a sharp blade. I was being lazy and didn't want to sharpen it first. *smile* If I'd had to sharpen the blade first, it may have set there another 6 weeks. LOL


~Angie / memrybug~ i am blessed!


Digi-Cutter Files offered in SCUT, GSD, KNK, WPC & AI (SVG) at www.visualdesignsbychris.com