Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Thank You Card

Had a creative morning.  Made six of these thank you notes.  I had my Wishblade and Cricut cutting at the same time.  I created the card from the Joys of the Season cartridge.  Used the card feature and the holly cut at 5".  Can I say that I think the card feature is my favorite of all of the features!  I combined the card with a title from VIsual Designs by Chris.  #CD00177 is Thanksgiving Titles 2 but I just used the "THANKS" part of the title:  
 
I colored the holly with Copics YG03 and YG63.  Added two lighter and one dark jewel.  I used 2" and 2 1/2" circles to create the red around the holly circle.  Cutting the 2" first and then the 2 1/2".  The depth of the punches would not allow a perfect circle in a circle but I decided I liked the offset look better anyway.   It looks as if it layers behind but actually lays right on top.  It still needed a little something so I cut a 2 1/2 circle from black diamond dust and backed it from the inside.  This led me to cut the title in black.  Added a sheer green ribbon.  I didn't recognize the clearance tag so not sure where I got it.  Be sure to burn the edges of the ribbon after tying so they don't fray.   
 
Here's a tip:  I cut the title on heavier cardstock and only at 3/4".  I didn't want to cut too many times to mangle it - the Wishblade has a tendency to do that on me - so I cut it and then sanded the back of it lightly and it helped to separate the lettering from the background a little more cleanly.
 
~Angie~ (Missouri)
~I am blessed!!~


Visual Designs by Chris Creative Team Member
http://visualdesignsbychris.com